Tuesday, June 14, 2016

REVIEW: JACKABY BY WILLIAM RITTER

Six Word Summary: Eccentric detective, assistant solve magical case.

Kinda-like: Sherlock Holmes meets world of Harry Potter.


Favorite Line: "That reminds me," he said, pausing.  "There's a jar in my office marked 'Bail'. If you don't hear from me by tonight, just bring it down to the Mason Street station, would you?  I'm usually in the first or second cell."

My Thoughts:
While nothing ground-breaking, this was a fun and easy world to escape into.  I found the make character, R.F. Jackaby to be quite delightful if not a little too eccentric at times.  His house was full of interesting magical/supernatural elements that I would have loved to explore more.  I would love some more back story for Jackaby.  I will definitely be picking up the sequel. 

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment