Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Finished Series I Need to Finish

Today's Top Ten Tuesday is my list of series that have been completely published through to the last book, but I haven't caught up yet!  I will include only series in which I've at least read the first book to begin the series.  In no particular order:

1.  Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling


     I just couldn't get into this series when it was
     super popular.  The hype kinda turned me off
     actually.  Now that every single person isn't
     carrying around a copy of HP to read, I finally
     picked up Book 1 a few years ago and though
     "mehh".  So I wasn't psyched to move on.
      Last year, though, I was convinced to give it
      another try, so I read Book 1 again and this  
      time I loved it!  Now I am working on
     collecting and reading the entire series!


2.  The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
   At this point I've read the first two books in the series and enjoyed them.
   It has just been lack of time and too many good read that have prevented
   me from finishing this series.  I now own all five books at this point and
   hope to marathon the entire series this summer!


3.  The Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris


I had a difficult time getting into a new show called True Blood several years back, until I discovered Alexander Skarsgard! It wasn't until after I was into the show that I found out it started as a series with weird covers I'd been seeing at the library for years!  Regardless, I started collecting the copies at library books sales and now own them all.  At this point, I've read the first two books, but have gotten them mixed up with the show.  I plan to start from the beginning again and maybe do a year long (one/two book a month) marathon to get through these!



4. Divergent by Veronica Roth



I have read the first two books in the this series and plan to read the third and FOURth (see what I did there?) soon, definitely before the movies come out.  I have been dragging my feet with #3 a bit since the ending was spoiled for me.











5. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins



I have read the first two books twice and I set to read the third installment this month to finish the series before the last movie comes out!









6. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare


One of my students last year INSISTED I get started with this series, so I read the first and bought the rest at HPB.  So I'm ready to go, just need to find the time to pick them up!  Anyone know if they are going to continue the series as movies?












7.  Matched by Ally Condie


I started this series with Book 1 and just didn't read the second two.  So, I picked up Book 1 again and re-read and have still not picked up the second two.  I'm not sure why, I actually liked this series.  I will finish it...eventually!









8. Hannibal Lecture









I read Red Dragon last year because I fell in love with the TV show and plan to read this series for sure.  Very interesting.  I think I own all but the last book at this point.  Perhaps I'll pick up Silence of the Lambs in October for a spooky read!

9.  The Maze Runner


I've only read The Maze Runner so far, but I'm hoping to read Scorch Trials before the movie comes out!  I already own the series (seems to be a reacquiring theme!) and hope to finish the entire series soon!





10.  Dexter

The last book in the book series was just published
over the summer so I hope to collect and read this
entire series over the next few years.  I have read the first book and picked that up because I was a huge fan of the show.
I'm hoping the book has a much more gratifying ending than the TV series did!

















To see more Top 10 Tuesday posts (including the original blogger!), visit The Broke & Bookish!

Thanks for reading,
-Rachael xo

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I hate hype, too! And I didn't start HP for the same reason. I have heard great things about the Sookie Stackhouse books. Lots of your books are on my TBR list, ones I wasn't sure if I wanted to start. My TTT

    ReplyDelete