Friday, August 4, 2017

#TheReadingQuest TBR

When I first saw LittleBookOwl's/Catorina's TBR for #TheReadingQuest, I was interested in how a video game style readathon would work.  This amazing reading challenge has been created and will be hosted by Read At Midnight.  Her website has all the details and rules and the SIGN UP to be entered for the grand prize as well as all the adorable art work by ReadThinkPonder!

#TheReadingQuest runs from August 13th - September 10th.  I will be starting on the Rogue path but hope to continue on to the Mage journey as well.  I will post updates on my reading during the Quest on my Twitter and Instagram.  I am hoping to create at least a Wrap Up from this readathon on my YouTube Channel as well.

So let's jump into the readathon planning!  As I mentioned I am planning to start out on the Rogue path, so I will start on the board where the little green Rogue guy is and work my across the bottom row toward Mage, then up toward Knight, and possibly across the top toward Bard.  Also, the blueish squares in the middle are side Quests that you can complete at any time during the Character Quests.


Just to be fully prepared, I decided to plan out AS MANY BOOKS as possible.  There is not debate that I will not be able to finish all of these books, especially as I will be back to work full time by the start of this reading challenge.  None the less, here is my very tentative, insanely massive, super ambitious, and absolutely impossible TBR! :)

ROUGE PATH:
A Banned Book: The Handmade's Tale
A Book With a Partially Obscured Face: The Hate U Give
A Book With <500 Reviews: This Year I Will
A Book with a One Word Title: You
MAGE PATH:
A Book That Contains Magic: Akata Witch
A Book Based on Mythology: The Sea of Monsters
A Book Set in a Different World: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The First Book in a Series: A Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
KNIGHT PATH:
A Book with a Verb in the Title: Pushing the Limits
A Book with a weapon on the Cover: Princess Bride
A Book with red on the cover: Don't Get Caught
A Book that has a Movie/TV adaptation: Big Little Lies
BONUS QUESTS:
Potions: Because You Love to Hate Me
Multiplayer: This Savage Song
Grind: Gemina
Time Warp: Ready Player One
Open World: Lucky in Love
Respawn: Why Not Me
Expansion: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Mini-Game: Saga Vol 7
Animal Companion: Full Cicada Moon

So there it is!  What a list!!  Hope I can get 10-13 of these read at the least, but again, I will be back to work full time during this challenge - so we'll see what I get done!  Let me know down below which books you've read from my TBR and if you are going to participate in #TheReadingQuest, what's on your TBR?

No comments:

Post a Comment